Thursday 13 October 2011

New play area will give visitors a different opportunity to become one with nature | News-Gazette.com

New play area will give visitors a different opportunity to become one with nature | News-Gazette.com

Way to go Champaign County for your development of the Homer Lake Forest Preserve. I commend your foresight, intelligence and COMMON SENSE (which isn't that common).



Although if I was a parent I would be terrified, nay mortified at all those dangerous rocks (see parents guide to evil boulders) and did I hear someone say water play was involved? Everyone knows water contains....water? And sticks, everyone knows sticks are EVIL!!!!! (little finger between lips), plus there's a chance the children may get dirty,  OOHHH NOOO!!!!!. 

In my book unless the children are getting dirty they're not interacting and learning. Yes, "Play is children's work" one of the most important experiences that they will encounter in their formative years.

No comments: